Friday, February 26, 2016

I have been using Amazon Turk for far longer than I have ever been writing this blog. I think I signed up for it back in 2013. I don't know if it would really be considered freelance work either to be totally honest. You really are working for Amazon when it boils down to it but somehow, your also not.

It is classified as a crowd sourcing platform really and there are all kinds of available assignments to do (called HITs) that range from doing surveys to date entry. I would never consider comingneven remotely close to make a living with this one but some of the stuff is at least interesting.

The data entry is pretty self explanatory. It's as simple as looking at a recipt and typing in the product cide and price 10 times for a few pennies. The surveys are not like what you would find on SwagBucks though. No one on Mturk wants to know if you want to buy car insurance. They are surveys on some intresting stuff and when your completing them you are usually helping a student finish his thiesis in psycology. They usually take a few minutes and pay a buck or two. Overall, its definately not a living, ive made enough to put gas in my car for the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment